Berkeley Lab, working with the U.S. Department of Energy's Building Technologies Office, hosted a webinar to discuss recent research on the time-sensitive value of energy efficiency.
The time-sensitive value of energy efficiency measures varies because of physical and operational characteristics of the utility system where the savings occur, as well as the time periods during which the savings from the measures occur. Speakers will discuss several topics related to the time-sensitive value of efficiency including:
- The importance of time-sensitive value of efficiency in Grid-interactive Efficient Buildings
- Recent DOE-funded research on the time-sensitive value of efficiency
- Research on the value of efficiency in four wholesale electric markets in the U.S.
- Use of time-sensitive valuation of efficiency in cost-benefit analysis in California
- Analysis of current and forecasted values of efficiency in Arizona