The Electricity Markets and Policy group conducts public-interest research and provides technical assistance to federal agencies, state and regional regulatory agencies and energy efficiency program administrators on the design, market potential, implementation strategies, analysis of enabling policies, and evaluation of ratepayer-funded and publicly-funded energy efficiency programs, as well as research on the energy service company (ESCO) industry performance and market trends.
The majority of our energy efficiency research and technical assistance focuses on the following areas:
- Utility- and public-sector energy efficiency program design and implementation
- Utility-sector energy efficiency business models
- ESCO industry performance and market trends
- Evaluation, measurement and verification of energy efficiency impacts
- Energy efficiency market and policy analysis and technical assistance